Art and horticulture, horticulture and art, does nothing else matter? This week we cover on the art tip: Yayoi Kusama, Mona Lisa and the Palaces of Birds (the worlds first sculptors?!) and on the flip side we cover horticulture: English countryside, British gardeners, British Chef Skye Gyngell, Florist Susanne of The Blue Carrot, and 'The Gardener' by Mohsen Makhmalbaf. Also two ways to show off your talents with Pacific Horticulture Design Challenge and Timber Press Photo submission.
- Florence tomb opened in quest to find 'Mona Lisa'
- Lifestyle: florist Susanne of The Blue Carrot
- Pacific Horticulture: CitiesAlive Student Design Challenge
- Yayoi Kusama: top-selling living female artist
- Chef Skye Gyngell is a true connoisseur who tracks down restaurant-quality produce to plant
- High-profile British gardeners reveal their tips and tricks for looking after gardens when temperatures are rocketing
- Garden berries: Call for photo submissions by Timber Pres
- ‘The Gardener,’ Mohsen Makhmalbaf’s Inquiry Into Religio
- The Palaces of the Bird World
- By Design- Paris Restaurants Cali Vibes
- This blessed plot: Englands Precious countryside
- and this brilliant video about the herbarium at the London’s Royal Botanic Gardens in Kew, guaranteed to make you smile:
- I spent a good part of yesterday listening to this as I worked on arrangements (windowlicker by Aphex Twin and Christian Dior?!), flowers, music, clothes, it's theater for the senses.....and so another week goes by....